Hello DigVentures community! We’re helping one of our favourite organisations to find a Digital Media and Admin Assistant Intern for their London office. Have you got the right stuff? Read on!
Digital Media and Admin Assistant (Paid Internship)
Part time, £50/day, 2.5 days per week
Closing Date: Tuesday 5th March, 5:00pm
Role and Requirements
Does gaining exprience with an international organisation committed to protecting, preserving and sustaining the most significant and endangered cultural heritage sites in the developing world sound interesting? If so, GHF UK is looking for a Digital Media and Admin Assistant intern with the confidence to help manage our social media and web platforms, assist with fundraising events, and provide office and project-based administrative support. In return, we will provide training on all aspects of the role, work with you on growing your skill set, and ensure that you gain transferable knowledge in these career-building areas.
Ideal candidates will have experience of social media channels and Content Management Systems, including WordPress. You’ll be literate in the ways of twitter and facebook, and have some ideas about how to grow and sustain communities through interactive digital communications. You are comfortable dealing with people, extremely detail-orientated, and calm under pressure. Top-notch communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
Relationships – You will help GHF UK maintain current donor relationships and help us and build new communities through online tools and offline events.
Content creation –Flex your writing muscles and creativity by assisting us to produce blog posts, videos, newsletters, photos and other digital communications.
Social media marketing – You will have significant responsibility for maintaining our online outreach tools.
Event planner – We’ll need you to help us plan and deliver high-profile events in London and abroad.
Administrative assistant – Help keep our small London office running smoothly with basic admin support for the Director and Project Manager.
Reporting and analytics – By setting goals and monitoring data it will be easy to see where adjustments need to be made in content and marketing. Previous experience with Analytics is helpful, but not essential.
- Heritage, conservation or archaeology degree, or equivalent sector experience.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Blogs. Do you have your own blog? If so, please include links.
- Familiar with WordPress blogging platform
- The ability to proof-read and identify errors in copy
- Good organisational, time and self-management skills
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately to different audiences
- Knowledge of applications, including Windows, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Do you have any marketing experience or other proficiencies(such as video production)that would be relevant to this post? If so, please include details.
**Please note, the post is two days in the office from 09:30 – 17:30, and a further half-day which can be worked flexibly either in the office or from home.
About Global Heritage Fund UK
Global Heritage Fund UK is the partner of Global Heritage Fund, an international conservancy based in California, USA. Global Heritage Fund UK shares the Global Heritage Fund mission to preserve and protect humankind’s most important archaeological and cultural heritage sites in developing countries.
Through forming new alliances, establishing partnerships and building a network of conservation and development leaders, Global Heritage Fund UK is providing our projects with new ideas, resources and supporters that will exponentially benefit these sites and build momentum for our global campaign to save vanishing heritage sites in developing regions.
- Preserve structures and physical evidence of cultural heritage
- Advance education about, and protection of, endangered heritage sites
- Advance community involvement and benefits from preservation
- Build a major international conservancy to save our global heritage
- Advocate on behalf of significant and endangered cultural heritage sites in developing countries
Send a CV and a short covering letter (300 words max) by 5th March 2014 detailing why you want to work with GHF UK and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DigVentures crowdfunds archaeological projects that everyone can be part of, in the UK and overseas. With help from people all over the world, we investigate the past and publish our discoveries online for free. Become a DigVentures Subscriber and be part of great archaeology - all year round!