The DigVentures Flag Fen Lives project is very pleased to announce that we are now able to accommodate group bookings for our field school in summer 2012, from 23rd July -12th August, and can offer a discount of 10% for any group bookings of five people or more – what a great way to spend a day with friends!
As part of the field school, we will be working with a team of top-notch Bronze Age and wetlands archaeology specialists – there simply will not be a better opportunity to learn about this unique and challenging type of archaeology. We are also offering a unique lecture programme, and have engaged some of the UK’s top archaeologists to speak, as well as join us in the trenches:
- Dr Francis Pryor, author and excavator of Flag Fen
- Professor Emeritus Martin Carver, Editor, Antiquity
- Professor Timothy Darvill, Bournemouth University
- Dr Will Fletcher, English Heritage inspector of ancient monuments for Norfolk
- Professor Vincent Gaffney, Chair in Landscape Archaeology and Geomatics, University of Birmingham
- Catriona Moore, Director, Edercloon, Republic of Ireland
- Dr Benjamin Roberts, Curator, European Bronze Age, the British Museum
- Dr John Gater, Geophysicist, GSB Prospection and Time Team
- Gerard Twomey and Graeme Young, Bamburgh Research Project
- Julian Richards FSA, author and broadcaster
- Mark Knight, Senior Project Officer, Cambridge Archaeological Unit
- Clive Waddington, Managing Director, Archaeological Research Services Ltd
Please get in touch with us directly at email@example.com or on 0208 333 5770 to book your visit, and for any further questions.
DigVentures crowdfunds archaeological projects that everyone can be part of, in the UK and overseas. With help from people all over the world, we investigate the past and publish our discoveries online for free. Become a DigVentures Subscriber and be part of great archaeology - all year round!