Our tailor-made archaeology sessions for kids are carefully crafted and led by DV’s real-life archaeologists. You might even have seen some of our staff on Time Team!
Whether you’re a teacher, museum educator, or parent looking for a fun activity to do as a family, we’ve got exactly what you’re looking for. And remember- there’s no sand pits or simulations here: just REAL archaeology for kids!
Is your child fascinated by archaeology? Or have you always wanted to try it, but never had the time? Then DigCamp is for you!
DigCamp is a full day of archaeology and fun for kids and parents to enjoy together on a real, live, in-progress archaeology dig. You‘ll learn about archaeology together, actually try it alongside professionals, and use some of the latest gadgets and coolest tech in archaeology – all while spending a fantastic day with your child. As a part of your day at DigCamp, your child will use our new iPad app, CyberDig, to examine, question and record real archaeological objects found during our excavations.
You can purchase a DigCampe Gift Certificate now, valid on any of our DigCamp sites for one full year after the date of purchase. Be sure to register for our newsletter at the bottom of this page to hear about upcoming DigCamp opportunities!
Puzzled by Prehistory? Struggling with the Stone Age, baffled by the Bronze Age, irritated by the Iron Age?
We can help! DigVentures are CIFA-accredited professional archaeologists and presenters of the BBC’s Learning Zone Ancient Voices programme for Key Stage 2 all about…Prehistory!
We help schools across the UK deliver the new Prehistory curriculum requirements. Our sessions are about as hands-on as you can get with the UK’s first-ever digital archaeology teaching tool, CyberDig. So if you want a hand delivering your classes in a way that’s memorable, fun and really hands on, DigVentures can help! Class packages include:
- Object handling sessions: Students get to handle artefacts, some of which are thousands of years old
- Time-venturing: we tackle the pesky Palaeolithic with tactics to help young learners understand just how long ago it really was…
- Follow up materials: We’ll provide you with suggested follow-up activities so that your students can continue to learn long after the session is finished
Are you looking for creative, digital tools to help deliver your education programmes and bring your collections to life? We’re here for you!
We LOVE museums. So many amazing things! Our sessions are about as hands-on as you can get with the UK’s first-ever digital archaeology teaching tool, CyberDig. We can tailor our session around objects, time periods, exhibitions, and any other special priorities for your team. Sessions can be standard classroom format including object handling, ‘time-venturing’ (contextualising depth of time of period discussed), and follow up activities, or a combination of gallery exploration with object recording and time-venturing. Or, feel free to surprise and challenge us with your ideas – we’re feeling lucky! Learning outcomes include:
- Digital skills and how to record evidence about the past using the digital CyberDig system
- Interpreting the past from archaeological evidence, and how archaeologists find out about these periods of time
- Overview of the historical periods associated with the objects being used for the session