Our Community Projects offer:
- Cost conscious project design with public value at the core
- CIfA-assured professional fieldwork and participant training
- Leadership of successful grant applications to the Heritage Lottery Fund, Wellcome Trust, and other funding bodies
- Sector-leading impact and evaluation reporting
- Digital outreach expertise, including fundraising and social media
- A uniquely friendly and welcoming environment for formal and informal learning
We work in partnership with local groups, universities, councils, landowners, organisations and individuals.
Ongoing Community Projects
DV has located the iconic monastery that was the heart of Anglo-Saxon Northumbria. Work will continue - but what have we found so far?
This site has it all: from the mesolithic through to the Iron Age, a Roman villa, and a deserted Medieval village. What's On for Season 3?
We're doing archaeology at Oxfordshire's most visited green space to help its custodians preserve this special place for the future
Working with communities to do archaeology that helps our project partners restore, reveal and celebrate life around the River Skerne
We launched the world's first live-streamed, participatory archaeology festival. IT. WAS. EPIC. Read more about our amazing archaeology party
We're exploring the social and cultural history of medicine and health from medieval times to the modern day
There's more, oh yes! See all DV's community projects: completed, ongoing, and the future twinkles in our eye
What is the change DV is making in the world? A deeper look at our impact and how we help project partners achieve their own.