The DigVentures Flag Fen Lives project is very pleased to announce that we are now able to accommodate group bookings for our field school in summer 2012, from 23rd July -12th August, and can offer a discount of 10% for any group bookings of five people or more – what a great way to spend a day with friends!
As part of the field school, we will be working with a team of top-notch Bronze Age and wetlands archaeology specialists – there simply will not be a better opportunity to learn about this unique and challenging type of archaeology. We are also offering a unique lecture programme, and have engaged some of the UK’s top archaeologists to speak, as well as join us in the trenches:
- Dr Francis Pryor, author and excavator of Flag Fen
- Professor Emeritus Martin Carver, Editor, Antiquity
- Professor Timothy Darvill, Bournemouth University
- Dr Will Fletcher, English Heritage inspector of ancient monuments for Norfolk
- Professor Vincent Gaffney, Chair in Landscape Archaeology and Geomatics, University of Birmingham
- Catriona Moore, Director, Edercloon, Republic of Ireland
- Dr Benjamin Roberts, Curator, European Bronze Age, the British Museum
- Dr John Gater, Geophysicist, GSB Prospection and Time Team
- Gerard Twomey and Graeme Young, Bamburgh Research Project
- Julian Richards FSA, author and broadcaster
- Mark Knight, Senior Project Officer, Cambridge Archaeological Unit
- Clive Waddington, Managing Director, Archaeological Research Services Ltd
Please get in touch with us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0208 333 5770 to book your visit, and for any further questions.
Always wanted to try archaeology?
Join us for a Dirty Weekend in April!